Saturday, September 4, 2010

Change is good

Indeed it is!

If you haven't noticed, I decided to change my blog's layout! Pretty cool, huh?

A post or two ago I promised to put up a bit of my writing. And now I shall. XD Enjoy!

It was a red. Bright red. With brass design.

I’ve been down this corridor a thousand times and lived in this palace all my life, but I’d never seen before. It burned my eyes with its brilliance and it seemed to radiate an aura of mystery and something more.

I sat down my laundry load; the princess and her maidens would have to wait. Reaching for the brass knob, which was carved to look like a lotus, I grasped it and began to turn, when I heard someone screech my name “Rosalia, you wench! I absolutely NEED my gowns! Get them here before I turn ninety-six, if you don’t mind!” It was the princess herself. “Coming Princess Arienne,” I called back.

I quickly picked up the load of freshly cleaned garments and started heading back, desperately hoping the door would be there again.

Cursing under my breath, I thought to myself, Couldn't the princess dress herself for once? She was my age, and didn't do anything on her own. I often wondered how she would survive without her servants. But, then again, she was royalty and could basically have anybody do everything for her. Ah, too bad; it’s all just wishful thinking.

But now, I'm getting off track.

I closed my eyes; the door's image was burned behind my eyelids. I will find out what's behind that door.

Whaddya think?

-R.P

2 comments:

  1. Wow. So far it's really interesting. I want to KNOW what's behind that door... so, so bad... *longing face* Pwease??

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD Thanks Flame :) I could post more, but they don't get better (in quality) until a few chapters in...But I shall, quite possibly.

    ReplyDelete